I went to Purrfect Auto Servie 71 in 400 S Baldwin Ave near Santa Anita Mall in Arcadia, CA

I was supposed to do a regular tune up and change oil. A customer Service guy kept pressuring me to buy a higher service.

I declined. After an hour, the customer service called and informed me I need front and back brakes. When I went to pick up my car, the car still has the tires out. The guy then start pressuring me to have my brake service. I declined and he pressured me which pissed me off. I told him that if I want the brake service, I would have called him back. He told me I was rude and that started an argument that lasted 10 -15 minutes and another

customer service guy joined in the argument. There were two guys arguing with one female customer. That is how they treat their customer if she refused additional services. When another customer came in, I advice him not to have his car done and one of the guys knocked on my car window trying to intimidate me.

Had an Experience with Purrfect Auto Service?

Comments

What a surprise, this is like the third time the bureau shut down all the purrfects here in Sacramento.I used to be friends with one of the owners, in retrospect he wished he never met the franchisee.

He invested all his savings, retirement accounts and his inheritence. In the end he walked away with nothing. I felt bad for him, but you have to live with the choices you make. One thing I still remember him mentioning was that he hardly made any money and was always behind on bills.

It doesn't surprise me that these business get caught ripping off people, they are just trying to make ends meet.The Purrfect system is not so perfect and obviously bad for your health...

State Shuts Down Five Area Auto Repair Shops

Purrfect Auto Repair Criminal Complaint Reporting

Kurtis Ming SACRAMENTO (CBS13) ― Click to enlarge1 of 1

CBS

numSlides of totalImages Related Slideshows CBS13.com Mug Shot Gallery 2010 Celebrity Deaths The Tattooed Ladies of Hollywood Storm Chasers Capture Tornadoes In Texas Hottest Celebrity Redheads Celebrities From Northern California Celebrities As Superheroes A six-month investigation has led to the shutdown of five area auto repair shops.

The State Bureau of Automotive repair has closed down all five area branches of "Purrfect" auto repair.

CBS13's Call Kurtis has learned that complaints of over-charging, charging for unnecessary parts and charging for work they never completed led to the shops' closures.

Agents locked down the five locations early this morning. The Perrfect Auto repair shops closed were at the following locations:

9701 Folsom Blvd., Sacramento

2344 Sunrise Blvd, Rancho Cordova

525 Cirby Way, Roseville

6800 Fair Oaks Blvd., Carmichael

2525 North Texas St., Fairfield

:cry :cry :cry :upset ...

Purrfect Auto Service--Shops Busted

Since 1996, California's Bureau of Automotive Repair has caught 15 Purrfect Auto Service shops selling unnecessary repairs during undercover investigations. Ten of the shops had their state licenses permanently revoked. Purrfect Auto is a chain of about 100 shops (mostly franchises) located in Arizona, Nevada, and California. Their practices are similar to those of Econo Lube N' Tune (see the above story), with a heavy emphasis on low-priced ads for oil changes, tune-ups, brakes, smog inspections, and other services.

THIS ARTICLE IS FROM THE LA TIMES GUYS :grin

Awe is that you Shafik Hirji?Your little *** won't be there?

Darn it! I would have given you a free lemonade..Darn!!!

Oh yeah and Nina, your 21 year old girlfriend that is just *** you for your money..That you don't have..Oh and invite Judy too..After all she is pregnant with you child now right?

WOW..It's all in the family now huh?Too bad your game is coming to a halt..

Oh no, the TV will be there. Can you guys make it for Monday, my new toupee doesnt come in the mail until next week. Come on, have mercy

:eek :eek :eek

I used to run. I got fired for NOT ripping people off in Las Vegas.

Please show up at 693 N Valle Verde Henderson Nevada on Saturday the 22nd at 8 am..The news will be there! Purrfect Auto protest!

contact me at heidi1973@yahoo.com tell me you will be there!

PURRFECT AUTO...ALMA SCHOOL & SOUTHERN.A total rip off operation.

High pressure sales jobs to do extra work that is not needed. When you try to decline they really put the pressure on. Unfortunately I caved to the pressure and had some extra work done...who knows if the work was needed or actually done. However when I complained to them that, following hose replacement, I was seeing steam coming up from under the hood, (indicating a possible leak) they informed me that I needed a new thermostat...$200.

I declined telling them I had just taken a long road trip and saw no overheating. He went into a long explanation and told me of the damage that could be done if the car overheats. Well, surprise-surprise when I was driving home my car all of the sudden is overheating. I barely got it home and realized they had left my radiator dangerously low on coolant.

I refilled the coolant level and no more overheating. Nice try, but they won't be seeing me...or my friends or anyone else I can tell about this incident to AGAIN!!!

BEWARE....!!!This is one of those car repair shops you've been warned about!!!

we took our car for a tune up at Purrfect Auto in La habra, they filed bankruptcy as of 08.10.09 and kept our car locked up in their shop. They are crooks! :cry

They also pressure me into performing other work than what I originally took my car in for.I didn't fall for it the first time but the second time I did.

Go figure.

I was not at my best the second time and fell for the lies.Will never go back to a "in-purrfect auto" again.