On 6-16-10 my car broke down so i contacted the nearest purrfect auto.I told the mechanic that I will be towing my car in.

On 6-17-10 the mechanic said that my fuel pump is not working and it would cost 963 dollars for repairs. 600 for parts 300 labor. I found that expensive and I said if I purchase the parts myself can he put it in he said no they don't do that because they can't warranty the work. I told him I will take the car some where else he said then I have to pay $215 for the diagnostic.

he never explained to me when I brought the car in that it was going to be a $215 diagnostic on the car and I never signed for that. I paid the $963 dollars just so I don't have to pay $215 for doing nothing on the car.

Was I taken advantage of?Can I report this and maybe get some of my money back?

Had an Experience with Purrfect Auto Service?

Comments

Purrfects are notorious for charging people arms and legs for diagnotics. If you don't want to fix your car there, they will get all pissy and butthurt with you and will charge you even for the air you breathe in their filthy office. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR THERE, IT'S A SCAM OPERATION!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ...

If you never authorized the diagnostic fee of $215, then you should have just called the police and have your vehicle removed from the premises.At this point, you don't have much recourse.

Of course that's way too much for a diagnosis, my local dealer only charges $105.Purrfect Auto is a total ripoff, just avoid them in the future.

no...and no

are you serious?...you take your car in to find out why it broke down, and then you expect to use their time and effort to diagnose your problem for free?

i don't know what you do for a living, but i'm sure you don't do it without expecting to be compensated

they provided a service, pay for it